Monday, March 5, 2018

Oh My Stars Bracelet in Two Colorways


OH MY STARS BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457)
  • SuperUno beads "Chalk Senegal Brown"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Senegal"
  • O-Beads "Opaque Smoky Topaz Gold Luster"



This is Tammy Kemp's first beading pattern and you can buy it HERE. I tried the pattern for the first time a few days ago. It has clear, easy to follow diagrams and she even tells you how many of each kind of beads you will need for most wrist sizes. The bracelet comes out very thin and delicate and her chart was exactly right about the number of beads I would need to fit my 6-inch wrist.

You'll need SuperDuos and SuperUnos in the same or similar color unless you're not fussy about the open SuperDuo holes showing. In that case you can just use all SuperDuos, if you like. I'm fussy about it so I came up with these two colorways using the two SuperUno colors that I have on hand.

SuperUnos only have a hole on one end. They're a little more difficult to find than other kinds of beads so I've compiled a list of online bead shops that do have them. The list is at the bottom of this post and I will add a link to this post in the "Where to buy..." list on the right hand side of my blog so you can easily find these links later.

If I ever get more SuperUno beads, I might try making one of these bracelets with only the larger motifs. I think that would be a pretty variation.





 OH MY STARS BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • SuperUno beads "Jet"
  • SuperDuo beads "Jet"
  • O-Beads "Chalk White Lila Vega Luster"






SuperUno Beads

WHERE TO BUY SUPERUNO BEADS:

Ankes-Perlenstube (Germany)

Aura Crystals

Artbeads

Aria Design Studio Etsy

BeadsOfBohemia Etsy

Beads To Weave Etsy

Bello Modo

Crystals and Ice Bead Shop (UK)

CzechBeadsExclusive Etsy

Fusion Beads

Gyöngysziget (Hungary)

HobbyPerline (Italy)

Old Bicycle Shop (UK)


One Stop Seed Bead Shop


Perles & Co (UK)

Potomac Beads

Red Panda

Robin's Beads (UK)

Rockin Beads

StitchnCraft Beads (UK)

SupplyEmporium Etsy (one color)

Tamara Scott Designs

Twisted Sistah Beads


1 comment:

  1. I love your work. I have never tried any of the Super-Uno's or the Super-Duo's. I also have not used any size of seed bead except the 11/0. I have a lot of vintage Japan (New) 3mm & 4mm pearls I would like to work into a bracelet, any ideas for them. I am very impressed by your work. I am just learning how to do bead weaving and also using the two needle weaving. I am going to check out some of the beads. I normally order From Art Beads or Fusion Beads. Thank you for sharring your talent. I will check out the beads and order some instructions. Beverly NYC

    ReplyDelete