Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Bracelet of the Day: Honeycomb Stacker - Seafoam Travertine


HONEYCOMB STACKER
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Bronze" (223)
  • Honeycomb beads "Hodge Podge Seafoam Travertine"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Opaque Beige Picasso"

I've had these unusual Honeycomb beads kicking around in my stash for a while and I decided that it was time to make something with them. Deb Roberti recently came out with the perfect bracelet pattern and it's one of her free ones. It's called "Honeycomb Stacker" and you'll find it HERE at Around the Beading Table. It's super quick to make too. I don't think that it took me more than about 30 minutes to make.


I don't have Honeycomb beads in very many colors because I've been having trouble learning to like them for some reason. I think it is because they are usually so flat and plain on the top. That's not the case with this color which to me looks like some kind of stone. I think they're perfect for the casual style of this bracelet.

The pattern recommends Miyuki seed beads but I made a sample with them and wasn't happy with how they fit around the Honeycomb beads. So, I made another sample with Toho beads and they look much neater in my opinion. I did take Deb's advice and used one less seed bead with Toho.

I haven't really looked around for these Hodge Podge Honeycomb colors anywhere else online but I know that you can get them from Queen City Bead on Etsy HERE. Aura Crystals has the fire polished beads that I used HERE.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment