Saturday, July 1, 2017

Russian Leaf Earrings - Black & Maroon


  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Nickel Plated" (711)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Nickel Plated" (DB21)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Black" (DB10)
  • 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads "Opaque Dyed Maroon" (DB654)

I blogged the other day HERE about the sample earring that I had made in this colorway. After making the second earring, I painted the backs of them with clear nail polish to make them more rigid. I do that with all of my Russian Leaf earrings now. I bought Sally Hansen brand at Walmart because it was the cheapest kind they had. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the strong nail polish odor dissipated within about an hour. I had previously used an old bottle of Love My Nails brand and it took at least a day for the odor to go away.


Watch Jill Wiseman's YouTube video tutorial HERE and download her free PDF HERE. You will need to use Jill Wiseman's tutorial but make them with seven rows instead of nine as Jill instructs. You can buy Delica beads at Red Panda, Aura Crystals, Supply Emporium and Baubles & Beads.



2 comments:

  1. I have used clear nail polish and it works very nicely. You can vary the stiffness by using more than one coat also...letting them dry completely before applying another coat. I have also used clear floor polish !! I wanted Future, but it's not easy to find so I used what I could find...enough for the rest of your life!!! Hahaha. I really love the Russian leaf and have made several pair in many different colors. I also made a pendant using the same pattern but larger 8/0 beads and it came out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that I put on two coats of nail polish. After the first coat has dried, I gently do any shaping that's needed before I apply the second coat.

      Delete