Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bracelet of the Day: Candy Loops - Turquoise & Silver



CANDY LOOPS BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Light Pewter" (4221)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Light Pewter" (4221)
  • 8mm 2-hole Candy beads "Opaque Green Turquoise"

I was aware of the YouTube video tutorial for this bracelet for a while but didn't have any Candy beads when I first saw it online. Now that I've got some Candy beads, I thought this would be the perfect design for these turquoise beads. After watching the video I made the samples below:


I used black thread for the top sample and white thread for the bottom one. Although the top one actually looks nicer in the photo, in real life the black thread gave the beadwork a dirty appearance that I didn't like. Although the thread shows a lot more in the second sample, I liked the cleaner look of it so I used white thread when I made the final bracelet and also to make the matching earrings. The white thread is a lot more visible in the photos than it is in real life and it doesn't show at all in the earrings. I tried a couple of different thread paths to make the bracelet and there was no getting around having some thread showing if I wanted a stable bracelet.





ARULA EARRINGS
  • 15/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Light Pewter" (4221)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Light Pewter" (4221)
  • 3mm druks "Opaque Turquoise"

I happened to have some 3mm druks in exactly the same turquoise color as the Candy beads so I looked through my earring patterns for one that called for that size. "Arula Earrings" is just the right pattern to go with this bracelet because they're made with just 3mm druks and seed beads. I think that the earrings go quite well with the bracelet. These "Arula Earrings" are made with my adaptation of a free tutorial that is usually made with Rulla beads. You can find the original tutorial HERE. Read my post about the changes that I made HERE.




I got these Candy beads and druks from QueenCityBead on Etsy HERE. Watch the "Candy Loops Bracelet" tutorial by Spoilt Rotten Beads on YouTube HERE.




 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful little set. I notice that your beading is very uniform. The pictures are "close ups" and still everything looks so perfect.Is there a trick (LOL) or are you just very good? :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's an optical illusion, Marge, LOL. I am a bit of a perfectionist.

      Delete
  2. where do you order the pattern...the HERE prompt gave me nothing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The link should take you to the YouTube video. I just tried the link above and it worked for me. I'm not aware of a published pattern for this bracelet.

      Delete