Friday, December 18, 2015

Playing with my beads...Golden Age Bracelet samples

This pretty bracelet design is from the same Beaded Treasury Etsy shop as the Pearly Lace Earrings pattern that I blogged about a while back. Although the pattern calls for Superduos, I had a feeling that this pattern would work very well with MiniDuos and I was right. I like it even better with the smaller "duos". 

When I made the two samples below with MiniDuo beads, the only other adjustment I had to make was to use 3mm fire polished beads instead of 4mm. I used the same size seed beads and I even used the same number of beads called for in the netting. Due to the way that the bracelet is made, the shape adapts to the size of the beads that are used. The effect is like one of those accordion-type coat racks that can expand and contract.

You can buy the "Golden Age Bracelet" pattern HERE.

Each photo below has one sample made with regular SuperDuos and another with MiniDuos.

 
SAMPLE #1:
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • MiniDuo beads "Blue Turquoise Silver Picasso"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Aqua Bronze Luster"

SAMPLE #2:

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Purple"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Translucent Stone Pink Luster"

 
SAMPLE #3:
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Red"
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Rose Gold Topaz Luster"

SAMPLE #4:

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (457D)
  • MiniDuo beads "Opaque Gold and Smoky Topaz Luster"
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Opaque Gold and Smoky Topaz Luster"


9 comments:

  1. Linda these samples so pretty I think I like the ones with the mini duos best as well. Where did you get the mini duos and 3mm fire polished beads used in sample #1 Thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann. I got the MiniDuos from Red Panda HERE. The fire polished beads are from a local shop. They look very similar to Aquamarine Celsian but they have a creamy, almost opaque center that Aquamarine Celsian doesn't have.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure that Beadoholique got the fire polished beads from Nirvana Beads. They look like the ones on THIS page on the Nirvana site. I found some in THIS Etsy shop.

      Delete
  2. Linda, thank you for blogging about my pattern :) Your posts are always inspiring! I like the samples with MiniDuos as well, they look more delicate as the ones with SuperDuos! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Iulia. It's such a pretty pattern. I'm hoping to have some free time this weekend to make a complete bracelet, probably with MiniDuos. Have you made one with MiniDuos?

      Delete
    2. I haven't made one with MiniDuos yet, I am out of beads and need to resupply soon :)

      Delete
    3. Oh no! I can't imagine being out of beads. Maybe Santa will bring you some beads for Christmas.

      Delete
  3. Oh I do have beads, but that never seems enough! Typical for all beaders! :))) So, I ordered some more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's funny how you can have so many beads and not have the color that you need.

      Delete