Friday, November 6, 2015

Playing with my beads...Saturn Bracelet Samples

I tried a bunch of different color combinations with Michelle Skobel's "Saturn Bracelet" pattern. You can buy the pattern HERE. I like all of them but I prefer the bronze ones over the silver ones. Sample #7 was the first one that I made and I forgot to add it to the others when I took the group photos.

SAMPLE #1:
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (447D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Matte Cabernet" (703)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Amethyst"
SAMPLE #2:
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (447D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Oxidized Bronze Clay" (Y864)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Halo Linen"
SAMPLE #3:
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Bronze Antique Gold" (225)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Opaque Luster Green" (Y182)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Opaque Green Luster"


SAMPLE #4:
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Silver" (711)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Opaque Grey Bronze Vega" (Y862)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Dusty Rose on Jet"
SAMPLE #5:
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Antique Silver" (711)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Opaque Light Blue Amethyst Marbled" (1204)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Transparent Amethyst Luster"
SAMPLE #6:
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (447D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Hybrid Opaque Matte Lilac Luster" (Y507F)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Bronze Luster Pink White Iris"


SAMPLE #7:
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Higher Metallic Matte Blue Haze" (512F)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Higher Metallic Matte Blue Haze" (512F)
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Turquoise Copper Picasso"
 

8 comments:

  1. All the samples are pretty but the one with the cabernet beads is gorgeous..TFS Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorites too. I like this pattern because I can use some of the pretty colored 11/0 beads that I've been accumulating lately and still have enough "metal" in the bracelets to make me happy.

      Delete
  2. I just love what you do with color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. It's so much fun trying different color combos.

      Delete
    2. I really love this. You should offer your services to other pattern designers to produce samples of their patterns. Your color choices are SO much better! When I saw this pattern, I was not interested because I really didn't like her choice of color and didn't see the potential until I saw your work.

      Delete
    3. I think I have a knack for seeing the potential in patterns even when I don't like the colors that were used to sell them. Usually it's the shape that gets my attention as with this one. I think it has a pleasing shape. I also look very closely at the sample photos to make sure that they are made with beads that I like to work with. I very rarely buy a pattern that calls for beads that I don't already have in my stash.

      Delete
  3. Very nice combo and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. You get me so excited :-) I agree with Deb and Jean. You are a genius.You have a gift. I love #3 #1 and #7 also love the others. I so agree with what Jean said. I'm like an old mother hen.....I want to see you fly. LOL

    ReplyDelete