Monday, November 23, 2015

Nevada Bracelet Color Samples

I bought this bracelet pattern recently and thought I'd look through my CzechMates tile beads and come up with a few color combinations. I tried some out of the ordinary metallic colors and, believe it or not, I didn't use Dark Bronze seed beads at all. I was pleasantly surprised to find that some of the combos worked very well. I have some favorites but I like them all. The pattern is from Vivatutorial on Etsy and you can by it HERE.

As you'll see below, I used a variety of Miyuki and Toho seed beads in my samples. What I found was that I had to add an extra seed bead around each corner when I used Miyuki beads. Other than that slight adjustment, both brands worked equally well with this design.

Here are some ideas to tempt you to give this pattern a try:


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Bright Brown Bronze" (457P) *
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Bright Brown Bronze" (457P) *
  • CzechMates "Luster Rose Gold Topaz"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Chocolate White"

* I found this color on close-out and I don't think it's available anywhere. The closest color is probably Toho's "Bright Bronze" (221). The Miyuki beads have a little more of a red cast than the Toho beads.


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Bright Brown Bronze" (457P) *
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Bright Brown Bronze" (457P) *
  • CzechMates "Luster Rose Gold Topaz"
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Red"


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Transparent Montana Gold Luster" (204)
  • CzechMates "Milky Turquoise Pink Topaz Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Turquoise Bronze Picasso"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Light Golden Bronze" (D4204)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Light Golden Bronze" (D4204)
  • CzechMates "Milky Turquoise Pink Topaz Luster"
  • SuperDuo beads "Halo Heavens"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • CzechMates "Turquoise Copper Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Green Turquoise Red Terracotta"


  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Gold Lustered Light Tanzanite" (325)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Gold Lustered Light Tanzanite" (325)
  • CzechMates "Milky Alexandrite Copper Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Purple"


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (461)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Mink Bronze" (D4213)
  • CzechMates "Milky Alexandrite Copper Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Violet Dark Travertin"

Just for fun, I thought I'd try turning a motif into an earring. When I added a hook to the top of the motif, it was so wide that it hit my cheek. So, I added a smaller motif on the top so that the earring would hang lower and it's much better that way. I haven't decided if I like it well enough to make into earrings. I do like earrings with two parts like this but I might see if I can come up with a slightly different top section for it. What do you think of it?


  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Duracoat Galvanized Pewter" (D4222)
  • CzechMates "Turquoise Copper Picasso"
  • SuperDuo beads "Green Turquoise Red Terracotta"


12 comments:

  1. Love them all and the earrings are really pretty!!! Here we go again as I don't have any of the Checkmates or Super duos in any of these colors hope they have some good discounts for BlackFriday. Hugs Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best to keep the bead shops in business by feeding my addiction as well as everyone else's!

      Delete
  2. What yummy examples! I'm in love with the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I could not find the pattern on Etsy, Vivatutorial. I can copy yours just by looking at it but would love to buy the pattern. Great looking as earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and the link that I posted above is good. What happens is that when she sells a copy of the pattern it becomes temporarily "unlisted". If you check her sales, you'll see that she's been selling that pattern like crazy. I don't know how long it takes for it to be "re-listed" but keep checking back and you'll get it eventually. I don't think it takes more than maybe 20 minutes or so, or at least that's been my experience with other Etsy pattern sites.

      Delete
    2. I just checked again and the pattern is available right now.

      Delete
  4. Bought it! Gorgeous. Love ALL your color ways. And the earrings are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am fairly knew to beading. I do love it and I love this style. I am looking for more earring patterns that I can do. Love it, will you make the pattern for us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for these earrings because it's not my own design. You can buy the bracelet pattern and turn the motif into earrings like I did.

      Delete
  6. Do you think you could use Tilas in place of the Czechmates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't think they would work. They're quite a bit smaller and thinner than CzechMates. Having said that, you could give them a try and see what happens.

      Delete