Thursday, August 20, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Esther Silky Bracelet - Ivory

ESTHER SILKY BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Gilded Marble Black" (1706)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Gilded Marble Black" (1706)  
  • Silky beads "Opaque Ivory"
  • 2mm pearls "Champagne"

This would have been pretty with plain bronze seed beads but I wanted to make this a little more interesting by using the "gilded marble" seed beads. 



After making the bracelet, I wanted to make some matching earrings and came up with two different pattern ideas. The first one that I tried was Deb Roberti's "Button Earrings", which you can buy HERE. I hadn't made the pattern before but I liked that it called for beads that I just happened to have in the same ivory color as the Silky beads. It's a very pretty earring but I think I'd like them better in another color. The ivory fire polished beads stand out too much against the dark seed beads. I also used some of the same 2mm pearls in the center, instead of the 8/0 seed beads called for, and I don't care for how they look. I should have used some of the 8/0 gilded marble seed beads instead. In any case, I like the other earrings that I made better with this bracelet. Here is my Button Earring sample:


BUTTON EARRINGS
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Gilded Marble Black" (1706)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Gilded Marble Black" (1706)  
  • 4mm fire polished beads "Opaque Light Beige"
  • 2mm pearls "Champagne"

The pattern that I ended up using for my earrings is my variation of Beth Clark's "Beth Duo Earrings" pattern which you can buy, HERE. I tried it two ways. First I put the bronze SuperDuos in the center and surrounded the "flower" with ivory SuperDuos. Next, I switched the colors around and I like the earrings better with an ivory flower surrounded by bronze SuperDuos. 


Here is my final pair of earrings:


BETH DUO EARRINGS VARIATION
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Gilded Marble Black" (1706)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Gilded Marble Black" (1706)  
  • SuperDuo beads "Opaque Ivory"
  • SuperDuo beads "Crystal Gold Luster"

You can download my free bracelet pattern from THIS post.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment