Monday, August 17, 2015

Bracelet of the Day: Esther Silky Bracelet - Hematite & Amethyst


ESTHER SILKY BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • 8/0 seed beads Toho "Metallic Hematite" (81)
  • Silky beads "Oil Rubbed Bronze Copper"
  • 3mm rondelles "Lilac - #C12 AB" (Beads One)

 
I thought I'd try something different for the accent beads this time so I used 3mm rondelles. They're actually 2mm x 3mm so I thought they would fit about the same as 8/0 seed beads and they do. They're Chinese and I got them from Beads One. They have them on their website HERE.

I got the Silky beads from GCSuppliesTexas on Etsy, HERE. Although the color is called bronze/copper, they're actually a dark metallic amethyst with dark blue/hematite on them. I tried pairing them with copper seed beads and they didn't work well at all.

You can download my free bracelet pattern from THIS post.

 


4 comments:

  1. This pattern is so pleasing to the eye, especially in these colours. I wonder what I could use instead of the square beads because I can't find anything quite like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I designed this pattern specifically to work with Silky beads. They're unique because they're diamond shaped. You might have better luck using Deborah Roberti's "Bobble Bangles" pattern if you want to make a similar bracelet with different kinds of beads.

      Delete
  2. Did you have any problems using the Toho seed beads in this pattern, since they are slightly larger and more irregular than Miyuki seed beads? Love how the rondelles look in this pattern and color combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any trouble with Toho beads with this pattern so far. The only thing that I've noticed is that sometimes the three seed beads that you add to make the little arches don't "lock" in place as nicely as with Miyuki beads. Also, it's mainly Toho's 15/0 seed beads that are so irregular and some of their 8/0's too. Their 11/0's are usually quite nice. They're just larger and fatter than Miyuki's.

      Delete