Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Trestle Bands - Chalk Lazure Blue



TRESTLE BANDS

  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Chalk Lazure Blue"
  • Half Tila beads "Bronze" (HT-457)
  • 3mm fire polished beads "Brown Gold Champagne" (Nirvana Beads)

I went ahead and made this bracelet to go with the "Marquesa Earrings" that I blogged about yesterday. I was starting to make a bracelet for my cousin when I realized that the Nymo D thread I was using wasn't going to work well. Since I had about four yards threaded on my needle, I decided to make my own bracelet first before threading some FireLine on my needle.

I got the fire polished beads from Spring Beads recently and they're very pretty. They're transparent on one side and have a very soft gold metallic finish on the other. They have a very nice sparkle and I thought that the color was very close to the color of the rivolis in the earrings. For some reason Nirvana calls the same beads slightly different names depending on if they're the 3mm size or the 4mm ones. They call the 3mm beads "Brown Gold" and the 4mm beads are called "Champagne" so I combined the two and called them "Brown Gold Champagne". You can see them on the Nirvana site HERE.

You can buy the "Marquesa Earrings" pattern HERE and the "Trestle Bands" pattern HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment