Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Mystery SuperDuo Bracelet

MYSTERY SUPERDUO BRACELET
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 8/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (8-457D)
  • SuperDuo beads "Blue Luster"

The other day, Deborah Roberti posted a photo of a bracelet that she saw on Pinterest. She posted it on her Facebook page in hopes that someone might know where it came from or if there is a pattern available for it. A couple of people posted links to the blogs belonging to the apparent creator but the date on the photo is later than anything that's been posted on the blogs. This is the original photo that Deb found:


Click HERE if you want to read Deb's Facebook post.

So, although I don't have a name for today's bracelet, I did figure out how to make it, or at least how to do the stitch. There's no way of telling how the creator finished the back of the bracelet or what kind of clasp was used. The original is a little too wide for me so I made this 2-row version for myself and it came out kind of cute. I wasn't sure how to finish off the ends of the bracelet and I think my clasp loops need a little work. The loop that I made is fine but I don't care for the three seed beads that I used to cover the holes in the SuperDuos at the ends of the bracelet. After looking more closely at it on my screen, I think what I might do next time is add another 8/0 seed bead in the center on the very end and add an 11/0 seed bead on either side of it.

Once I'd worked out the stitch, it didn't take long at all to make my 2-row bracelet. I see now though that I probably should have used a slightly looser tension to help keep the bracelet a little bit straighter. It seems to have a slight wave to it but at least that's not visible when I'm wearing it.
I haven't got an actual tutorial written up for making this but I did take a bunch of photos as I made my sample. You might be able to work it out by looking at the photos. I really ought to get the steps written down though so that I will remember what I did. 



If anyone knows what this pattern is called, and where it came from, please post a comment.

UPDATE: I posted the tutorial for this pattern HERE.



2 comments:

  1. I think it looks better as a two row- but maybe that's because you forgot to use neon pink beads. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a "neon" kind of gal, as you well know. Stay tuned, Dolly, because last night I remade that blue bracelet. While working on the tutorial for Deb, I realized that I goofed up. I'll be posting the new-improved version later today. I'm not telling what I did wrong but I think you might be able to see it if you look very closely at the bracelet.

      Delete