Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Coin Bands - Jet Bronze

COIN BANDS
  • CzechMates "Jet Bronze Picasso"  
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Metallic Chocolate" (11-461)
  • 8/0 seed beads "Metallic Chocolate" (no info available)

This bracelet has been in my "to do" pile for ages and I finally had a chance to make it a few days ago. I seem to recall that this was one of the first things that I tried with CzechMates tile beads and I instantly fell in love with this pattern in these colors. I did have to change the way the clasp is attached because adding another motif would have made the bracelet much too long for me. I added an 8/0 seed bead on either end and attached the clasp with jump rings that go through the beads. I think that one jump ring on each side might have been enough but I couldn't close the jump ring once the clasp was on it. There just wasn't room for the bead and the clasp on that little jump ring so I had to add an extra ring to each end. I could have used a larger jump ring but the length would have come out pretty much the same either way and the smaller ones suit the bracelet better.

You can buy Deb's "Coin Bands" pattern HERE.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment