Friday, February 28, 2014

Craft Project: Blue Fairy Fan


I used the Fan Card template from Mirkwood Designs, with a few tweaks, to make this pretty fan for my friend Teejay's birthday last year. It was a little fussy to make but it turned out quite well. I found the tassel at Hobby Lobby where they sell the drapery trims. I'm pretty sure that I also bought the ribbon to connect the blades there as well. It's been a while since I made this so I don't remember exactly how I assembled the fan but I seem to recall that I did have to make some adjustments to the instructions on the Mirkwood site.

Here are the graphics that I made for the fronts and backs of the fan blades:





You can download the full-size images HERE.

I had a sparkly gold gift card box that I'd saved from Christmas and it was the perfect size for wrapping the fan. I made this matching gift card to go on top of the box: 



This is how I wrapped the fan: 



8 comments:

  1. Just found your site. Can't wait to try your patterns. The hard part is deciding which one to do first. THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. 110lb Exact Index card stock. I printed them on my inkjet printer.

      Delete