Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bracelet of the Day: Waves of Wonder

WAVES OF WONDER
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Dark Bronze" (11-457D)
  • 11/0 seed beads Miyuki "Emerald Lined" (11-1933)
  • 6mm fire polished beads "Aquamarine Celsian"
This is one of my all-time favorite patterns. It can be made with different size beads by adjusting the number of seed beads around each motif. If you use 4mm fire polish beads or druks and 15/0 seed beads, you'll get a very thin, delicate bracelet. For a more substantial bracelet, use 6mm fire polish beads or druks. Whenever I make this bracelet, I like to add an accent color bead in between the motifs and I use just one main color instead of using two colors in alternating "waves" as suggested in the pattern.

Believe it or not, this pattern is actually a variation of Potawatomi Weave. If you've done Potawatomi, you'll recognize the basic steps when you try this one. The pattern is by Lanai Kinsky and you can buy it HERE. If you scroll down the page, it's listed as "Potawatomi Wave" but the title on the pattern PDF file is "Waves of Wonder".


 

6 comments:

  1. Where is the pattern to make waves of wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me waves of wonder pattern please. I can't find it on your site. Just picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April. It's not one of my patterns. It's by Lanai Kinsky. However, I just checked her site and I don't see any patterns for sale there anymore. I sent her an email and will let you know if I hear anything.

      Delete
    2. I heard back from Lanai Kinsky and she told me that her site is down at this time so that she can update it.

      Delete
  3. Any hope of getting this pattern from another source? Lanai Kinsky site appears to be discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed Lanai over a year ago and she told me that she was updating her website. She said that if anyone wanted to buy her pattern they should email her and she would send an invoice and the PDF file. Here is a link to her contact page: http://www.lanaikinsky.com/contact.php

      Delete